Thursday, June 2, 2011

Vermont City

ANGELLA MADE IT!!

Ang did an amazing job on a brutally hot day. 90% humidity and in the 80's. She ran with Jen Porter, lifelong family friend and wife to Jason Porter, for the first half in 2:07. At the half way point Ang's sister, Melanie, picked up the second half from Jen and finished in 4:38. The heat really started to get to them along with the distance. She is very excited and feeling really good just days later although says she will never run another marathon. Although she has already signed us up for the Rock-n-Roll half marathon in Providence R.I. on August 7th. Go Ang, great job.

As for myself, I did just about how I expected to do having not done any long runs. One fifteen miler 5 weeks ago just doesn't cut it. I still finished in 3:06:04. I think this is a good place to start hard training for a fall marathon. I was hoping to run around 7:00 minute pace, but basically just ran off how I was feeling. The first 5 miles were at 6:40-6:45 and feeling pretty easy. Once the heat started in I began to slow. Around 14 miles I really began to feel like I was struggling. Although the drummers at the bottom of the hill at 15 miles really pumped me up to get over the hill. Overall I had a good day, alot of fun with family and friends, and a good training run. Some of my spits are, 10 miles- 1:07:32, half- 1:28:15, 18 miles-2:02:27. I am feeling good and ready to start training hard to run a 2:50 marathon this fall.

1 comment:

  1. A 3:06 with only one 15 miler and a 5 week taper? Sign me up for that plan. Great job Clint, and Angella too. Way to go! You guys are fantastic. Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete